All instructors are separate coaches and paid directly by students. All appointments and payments are to be made directly to instructors. The only way to schedule private lessons is to contact instructors directly on their cell phones.
areas of expertise – pitching / hitting
Doug Finch has been teaching professionally for over 15 years, both in private practice and through clinics. His teachings and mechanics have been men tored and tested by Dr. Sherry L. Werner at the highest levels. Within the largest database of fastpitch pitching studies, Dr. Werner has demonstrated that Finch’s teachings and mechanics achieve top ratings for being the safest and most efficient of anyone in the world. The success of Jennie and his many ASA and NCAA national champion students have been the driving force in Finch’s pursuit of pitching mechanics excellence.
Areas of Expertise – Hitting, Slapping, Short Game
Mike is presently coaching at Whittier College. Prior to his arrival (2005-2007) Mike acted as the Head Coach of the Artesia High School Softball team and Assistant Varsity Softball Coach at Cerritos High School (2003-2005). Mike has been coaching competitive softball for over 18 years at age levels spanning 10U – 18U. Teams under Mike’s tutelage have been invited to ASA National Tournaments on ten occasions
Areas of Expertise – Hitting, Fielding.
Mike is presently coaching at Whittier College. Prior to coaching at Gahr, Mike was the Assistant Varsity Coach for the St. John Bosco baseball team. Mike is presently the Head Coach for USA Athletics 18 Gold Girls Fastpitch softball team and is the President of the USA Athletics Organization with 25 years of experience.
(562) 716 – 8864
Gina (Bessolo) Mascaro
Areas of Expertise – Pitching
Born in Lakewood California, Gina attended Lakewood High School before attending the University of Pittsburgh, acting as their starting pitcher from 1998-2002 in the Big East Conference. Gina has the distinction of holding the University’s record for no-hitters in a career. Gina also worked as the Assistant Softball Coach at Marshall University from 2002-2004. Gina has competed internationally in Venezuela and Zimbabwe against the Olympic and Jr. Olympic softball teams. Gina has also been an instructor in these countries as well as in China. Domestically Gina has led pitching camps and clinics at various universities to include the University of Pittsburgh, Marshall University, and Kent State University. Gina has been a private pitching instructor for over 15 years.
Areas of Expertise – Hitting, Fielding, Catching
I have been involved in softball since I was 5 years old. I am very passionate about the game. I teach the physical and mental aspects of the game. I enjoy working with the kids and see them achieve their goals. I coached ASA travel ball for two years, I coached at Millikan High School for 6 years and have done private lessons the past 2 years. While coaching at Millikan I won 6 Moore League Titles and 1 CIF SS Title. I can instruct girls with their batting, fielding, and catching.
Areas of Expertise – Hitting, Catching, Throwing, Infield/Outfield
Fred is a 25 year veteran of playing, scouting, coaching and managing baseball and fastpitch softball. After a successful baseball career at Lakewood High School he played four years at Cal State Dominguez Hills. He currently holds 12 school hitting records, was voted All CCAA four times and All West Regional two times. In the 1987 MLB draft Hanker was drafted by the Oakland A’s organization in the 31st round. He has accumulated over 20 years of fast pitch playing against top notch competition.
Dr. Angela Robles
Private Pitching Instructor
- Three-time ASA National Champion
- Full-scholarship pitcher at the University of Notre Dame
- Big East “Rookie of the Year” Award
- Played professionally in the Italian National League (Verona, Italy)
- Former Pitching Coach at Long Beach State
- 18+ years of private pitching instruction experience
- International softball clinician (China, Venezuela, Mexico)
- President/Founder of Forza Institute, LLC
- Has worked with numerous elite athletes and teams, using the Gallup Clifton Strengths Finder Inventory to increase overall team cohesion and maximize individual performance.
Cell: (562) 841-1139
- Catcher at University of Louisville 2007-2010
- 3X All-Big East (2008,2009,2010)
- 2X All-Great Lakes Region (2009,2010)
- 2X All-American (2009, 2010)
- 2009 Big East Player of the Year
- Member of the 2009 USA Pan Am Qualifier team
- 2010-2011 USSSA Pride
- 2013 Unione Fermana (Montegranaro, Italy)
- 2014 Collecchio (Parma, Italy)
- 2nd Place in European Winner’s Cup with Czech Republic Jords
- 20142015 Otahuhu (Auckland, New Zealand)
- 2015 Mosquitos (Vienna, Austria)
Website: Melissa Roth catching and slapping
Cell: (562) 522-2738
Concluded her career in Fullerton’s top 15 all-time ranks for on-base percentage, slugging percentage and home runs…is one of only three Titans in program history to post a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage in a single-season (2014)
- 4 year letter winner at Lakewood HighSchool
- Two-time Moore League MVP, a four time all selection, and three time first team All-CIF Selection
- Full-scholarship infielder/power hitter at Cal State Fullerton
- Currently the Varsity Assistant Coach at Lakewood High School
- Softball Instructor at the MLB Urban Youth Academy
- Coach for the Firecrackers I.E. organization
- Years of experience with hitting and fielding lessons, clinics, and camps
Cell: (562) 754-0687
USA Athletics Alumni UC San Diego, Class of 2016
Looking for young, eager pitchers who want to expand their knowledge of pitching mechanics, the mental game, as well as learning/ improving individual pitch techniques!
High School Achievements
- A 2012 graduate from Wilson High School in Long Beach
- CIF Female Student-Athlete of the Year as a senior.
- Named All-Moore League First Team as a sophomore (2010) and senior (2012)
- Moore League Champions (2012)
- UCSD Athlete of the Week in 2015
- 264.1 career innings pitched for UCSD.
- 2016 CCAA Conference Tournament Champion
- NCAA Regional appearance – 3 years
Cell: (562) 325-3523
Director of Operations for USA Athletics
- 10 years of coaching at the College level Div.I & Div.III
- Travelball coach for 4years
- Professional ball player
- SJSU hall of fame
- Professional instructor
- Coached 2 freshman players of the year SJSU(WAC) & UNC(ACC)
- Have helped land scholarship for player from Arizona to West point.
- director of national tournaments
- organizer of camps and clinics
- traveled over seas with teams playing in international friendlies
- Played at SJSU 4years
- 4yr all-conference & all-region
- Career record holder in Big West
- career record holder at SJSU
- SJSU Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
- SJSU Asst. Coach 1996-2000
- Univ. of North Carolina Asst. Coach 2002-2003
- La Sierra Univ. Head Coach 2008-2009
- Univ. of LaVerne Asst. Coach 2011-2014
- Just Softball Instructor 2004-2011
- Fury Head Coach 2009-2013 winning % over .700
Live Hitting Lessons and Fielding
From Long Beach, Kevin is a current member of the Men’s U.S. National Fastpitch Softball Team with 15 years of fastpitch experience. And in baseball, a four year varsity starter at Long Beach Poly HS before playing at LBCC and Bacone College in Muskogee, OK.
- 2005 Jr. Men’s National Team
- 2008 to present Team USA Member
- 2015 ISF U.S. National Team
- 2015 Pan American U.S. National Team
- 2015 ISC All World Selection